New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386

Google Voice
Do you live in a beautiful city or town? Ancient Corinth was a beautiful city. There were hills. There were views of the sea. There was trade from all over the region. Yes, my "walking with Jesus"friend, the Believers there were blessed with naturally beautiful surroundings, and then, when they received the Gospel and experienced the gift of the Holy Spirit, some of them became prideful... Paul heard about it...and wrote, in 1 Corinthians 4:18-21:" I have heard that some of you have become arragant, you think I will never visit you again. But I WILL come- and soon-if the Lord will let me. And THEN I will find out whether these arrogant people are just big talkers, or whether, in fact, they actually have power from God. You understand that the Kingdom of God is not just fancy talk, it is living by the direction and power of God. Should I come with scolding, it with quiet love and
gentleness? What way are you choosing? Fancy talk? Or true humility and faithfulness to live by the direction of the Lord, and for His glory?" Paul asked them, and we are wise to ask ourselves.
To respond to this text message, reply to this email or visit Google Voice.
This email was sent to you because you indicated that you'd like to receive email notifications for text messages. If you don't want to receive such emails in the future, please update your email notification settings.
Google
Google LLC
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy
Mountain View CA 94043 USA

Popular posts from this blog

New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386

New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386

New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386