New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386

Google Voice
We certainly do agree, my friend, that sandals are just right for these dusty roads. Oh my, here comes a scribe from the temple. What is he telling Jesus? "I want to follow you wherever you go." [That seems wonderful to me, how about you?] How did Jesus answer the man? He said:"The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has no where to lay his head." Do we understand what Jesus was really saying? Truly, he was saying that THIS world is not his home. "My kingdom is not of this world," Jesus told Pilate, the Roman Procurator of Judea (John 18:26) and in John 17:13, Jesus tells his Heavenly Father that he will soon:"...come to you[in heaven]" and in John 14:1-3, Jesus tells his disciples:"...in my Father's House [ that is:in Heaven] there are many mansions, I am going to prepare a place for you, and if I go, I will come again and receive you unto mysekf,
that where I am, there you may be also." I think that Jesus wanted the scribe to focus on living a life of faith now, to be ready for Heaven in the future. Don't WE need that focus?
To respond to this text message, reply to this email or visit Google Voice.
This email was sent to you because you indicated that you'd like to receive email notifications for text messages. If you don't want to receive such emails in the future, please update your email notification settings.
Google
Google LLC
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy
Mountain View CA 94043 USA

Popular posts from this blog

New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386

New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386

New text message from Ellen Gray Pherigo (208) 431-7386