The Real Need
YOU KNOW, my friend: something BIG to be done: get together a good team! As we are "walking" around with Jesus, He comes to a tax-collector named Levi. "Follow Me," Jesus says. And Levi follows him. Later, he and his followers eat lunch with a bunch of "public and and sinners." The Scribes and Pharisees scoff, saying, "Don't you realize the folks you are lunching with are sinners?" All calm and discerning, Jesus tells them: Cool it you dudes. I know what I am doing. "They who are whole have no need of a physician, but they who are sick DO need a physician; I came not to call the righteous, but to rescue sinners/ to call THEM to repentance." So, of course they are having lunch with me to hear the message of the Lord/to come to the Light/ to be drawn to "walk in newness of life."(Romans 6:4)Jesus said:" I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father, but by Me."(John
14:6)
Wow, Jesus, You always get right to the point. You always focus on meeting our REAL need: the need to be led by the Lord. Let's pray for each other. Loveyou my friend.